INSTRUCTIONS: 3.13.  Correct government records documenting your citizenship Status
Related forms:

Related articles and links:

Passport information:

Sample/Example completed forms (filled out):

Sample Government Responses:

"It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.  It is better to trust the Lord than to put confidence in princes [the government]."
[Bible, Psalm 118:8-9]

“Put not your trust in princes [the government], [nor] in the son of man, in whom [there is] no help. “
[Bible, Psalm 146:3]

Deceiving Americans into mis-representing their citizenship status on government forms and legal pleadings is the number one method by which the government destroys the sovereignty of the people.  28 U.S.C. 1603(b)(3) says that a person who is a STATUTORY "citizen of the United States", where "United States" is used in a statutory context and means the federal zone, may not be a foreign sovereign.  The first step to becoming sovereign then is to ensure that our proper citizenship status is reflected in ALL EVIDENCE that the government and private businesses have about us.  This includes the following mostly government documents:

1. Any state or federal tax returns we file (some of which as if either we or our children are “U.S. citizens”).

2. State voter registration (most states require us to declare under penalty of perjury that we are a “U.S. citizen” in order to be able to register to vote).

3. State driver’s license.

4. Military service record and security clearance (most security clearances ask a person if they are a “U.S. citizen”)

5. Social security records.

6. Passport applications (most passport applications ask us if we are a “U.S. citizen”).

7. Birth certificates.

8. The paperwork our employer maintains on us (employment applications frequently ask us if we are a “U.S. citizen”).

9. The paperwork our bank and financial institutions maintain on us.

All of these sources of evidence may be subpoena’d by the government if or when we have to litigate to defend our rights, and we don’t want to give them ANY ammunition they can use against us to prove their case that we are a citizen subject to federal law.  First, let’s define some terms:

8 U.S.C. Section 1101 DEFINITIONS-

(a)(21) The term ''national'' means a person owing permanent allegiance to a state.

(a)(22) The term ''national of the United States'' means (A) a citizen of the United States, or (B) a person who, though not a citizen of the United States, owes permanent allegiance to the United States.

(a)(38) The term ''United States'', except as otherwise specifically herein provided, when used in a geographical sense, means the continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the Virgin Islands of the United States.

Are you a “U.S. citizen” as defined in the Internal Revenue Code?  You decide.  Here’s the ONLY definition of “U.S. citizen” we could find anywhere in either the Internal Revenue Code and the Implementing Regulations after an electronic search of the entire code and regulations:

26 C.F.R. 31.3121(e) State, United States, and citizen.

(b)…The term 'citizen of the United States' includes a citizen of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands, and, effective January 1, 1961, a citizen of Guam or American Samoa.

The answer is EMPHATICALLY NO!    In order not to be classified as a “U.S. citizen”, we must have proof, or there is a presumption that we are.  The American Jurisprudence Legal Encyclopedia, at 3C AmJur 2d 204 in section 2677 entitled “Presumptions concerning citizenship” says the following:

As a general rule, it is presumed, until the contrary is shown, that every person is a citizen of the country in which he or she resides.[1]  Furthermore, once granted, citizenship is presumably retained unless voluntarily relinquished,[2] and the burden rests upon one alleging a change of citizenship and allegiance to establish that fact.  Consequently, a person born in the United States is presumed to continue to be a citizen until the contrary is shown, and where it appears that a person was once a citizen of a particular foreign country, even though residing in another, the presumption is that he or she still remains a citizen of such foreign country, until the contrary appears.

The number one argument the government and the IRS will use against us in tax matters goes something like this:

“You are a U.S. citizen and EVERYONE knows that U.S. citizens are liable to pay income tax!”

Here is a real-life example of that from a real trial:

"Unless the defendant can prove he is not a citizen of the United States, the IRS has the right to inquire and determine a tax liability."
[U.S. v. Slater, 545 Fed. Supp. 179,182 (1982)]

As a practical matter, we should point out that it is a legal impossibility to prove a NEGATIVE, that is, that you ARE NOT a "citizen of the United States". However, the U.S. Supreme Court has already established that all those who are CONSTITUTIONAL "citizens of the United States" ARE NOT STATUTORY "citizens of the United States" or "nationals and citizens of the United States at birth" per 8 U.S.C. §1401. The case is Rogers v. Bellei, 401 U.S. 815 (1971). For further details, See:

Why You are a "national", "state national", and Constitutional but not Statutory Citizen, Form #05.006, Section 2.4

The false presumption that you are a "U.S. citizen" under the STATUTES of Congress is the main argument they use in front of juries as well.  This exact statement is what the IRS revenue agent told us when we called to report that we had no income tax liability.  This argument, however, falls apart if they can’t affirmatively prove your U.S.** citizenship because they don’t have any evidence, and because you have evidence to the contrary!  If you aren’t a “U.S. citizen”, then you must be a “non-resident non-person” if you are PRIVATE.  If you are ALSO a public officer, then you are a “nonresident alien” because NRAs are defined in 26 U.S.C. §7701(b)(1)(B) as persons who are not “U.S. citizens”.  We also know from chapter 5 of the Great IRS Hoax, Form #11.302 that non-resident non-persons who are not “public officers” of the U.S. government (the recipient of government privileges) don’t have to pay income tax because they have no “U.S. source” income under 26 U.S.C. §871(a)!  Note from 8 U.S.C. Section 1101(a)(22)(B) that you can be a “national” without being described as a “U.S. citizen”.  That is the category we want to be.

The above argument derives from the idea that the federal government may tax a STATUTORY "U.S. citizen" (under 8 U.S.C. §1401) wherever he is, including in geographical areas abroad and outside its general territorial jurisdiction within the federal zone.  In the U.S. Constitution Annotated, under the Fifth Amendment (see - 6) , here is what it says about this subject:

"In laying taxes, the Federal Government is less narrowly restricted by the Fifth Amendment than are the States by the Fourteenth. The Federal Government may tax property belonging to its citizens [statutory "U.S. citizens" under 8 U.S.C.  1401, but not "citizens" as used in the Fourteenth Amendment or the Constitution], even if such property is never situated within the jurisdiction of the United States,[1] and it may tax the income of a citizen or resident abroad, which is derived from property located at his residence.[2] The difference is explained by the fact that protection of the Federal Government follows the citizen wherever he goes, whereas the benefits of state government accrue only to persons and property within the State's borders."

This point is VERY important, because it clearly indicates from where the jurisdiction of the United States government to tax derives.  It isn’t mainly a geographical jurisdiction, but instead originates mainly from the taxable activities we engage in, such as a "trade or business", and also from our domicile.  Calling a person a "citizen" under the Internal Revenue Code simply implies that they maintain a "domicile" on federal territory, which the "United States" is geographically defined as in 26 U.S.C. §7701(a)(9) and (a)(10).  See:

The jurisdiction to tax "trade or business" income doesn’t extend into the sovereign 50 Union states because the power of income taxation is reserved by the states under 1:2:3 and 1:9:4 of the Constitution.  However, federal jurisdiction to tax domiciliaries of the federal zone does extend to foreign countries under 26 U.S.C. 911.  The U.S. Supreme also admitted this in Cook v. Tait, 265 U.S. 47 (1924).  Those who are born in and domiciled in a state of the Union, however, are not counted as “citizens” under the Internal Revenue Code, as revealed in our article below:

Instead, people domiciled in states of the Union are "nationals" or "state nationals" and should be careful to properly document their citizenship status on all government forms to ensure that the federal government is not deceived into thinking that they are domiciliaries of the federal zone.

WARNING:  The content of this section is THE single most important thing you need to do if you don’t want to be destroyed by the federal courts.  They have complete power over you and can deny your constitutional rights if you are a statutory U.S.** citizen, resident, or a U.S.** person, all of whom have in common a virtual "domicile" in the District of Columbia under the I.R.C.  See 26 U.S.C. 7701(a)(39) and 26 U.S.C. 7408(c) for proof.

Let’s first start off with a definition of “expatriation”:

Expatriation: The voluntary act of abandoning or renouncing one’s country, and becoming the citizen or subject of another.” 
[Black’s Law Dictionary, Sixth Edition, p. 576]

Based on the above definition, we don’t need to abandon our NATIONALITY or allegiance to the country, we want to abandon our “U.S.** citizen” or “citzen of the [federal] United States” status under all “acts of Congress” and federal statutes as described in 8 U.S.C. 1401, so “expatriation” is definitely not the right word to describe exactly what we want to do.  Therefore, we have to invent a new word, and we’ll call it “amending” or “correcting” or “converting” your citizenship status.  There are two possible statuses that we can “convert” to:

1. "national" under 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(21)

2. "state national"

Which of these above two statuses you choose to convert to depends on the choice you make and your situation.  Below is a table summarizing the advantages and disadvantages of each as we understand them:

Table 8‑5: Citizenship Alternative Comparison

# Description Section(s) where discussed Applicable laws and regulations U.S. citizen U.S. national "National" or "state  national"
1 Can hold a U.S. security clearance? of Great IRS Hoax SECNAVINST 5510.30A, Appendix I, page I-1 Yes Yes Yes
2 Can collect Social Security benefits? of Great IRS Hoax Social Security Program Operations Manual (POM) section GN 00303.001 (SSA Website)
PDF Social Security Program Operations Manual (POM) section GN 00303.001 (Local PDF, in case SSA removes this section to HIDE the truth and obstruct justice.  Click here for details)
Yes Yes Yes
3 Can vote? of Great IRS Hoax Voting laws in most states Yes No Yes
4 Can serve on jury duty? of Great IRS Hoax Jury service laws in most states Yes No Yes
5 Must register for the military draft/Selective Service System?   See
Yes Yes No
6 Can serve in U.S. military?   32 C.F.R. 1602.3(b)(1) Yes Yes Yes
7 Can serve as officer in U.S. military? 4.11.6 of Great IRS Hoax 10 U.S.C. 532 Yes No No
8 Can collect U.S. military retirement benefits?   PDF Chapter 6 of DOD 7000.14-R, Volume 7B Yes ? Yes
9 Can get a U.S. passport?   22 U.S.C. 212 Yes Yes Yes
10 Can hold a position in the civil service of the United States?   5 C.F.R. 338.101 Yes Yes Yes


1.  In the case of items 3, 4, and 9  above, some of our readers have been able to obtain  these benefits as "state nationals" or "nationals" by virtue of amending the government's forms electronically and identifying themselves as "California Nationals", for instance.  Another popular and successful technique is to redefine the term "U.S. citizen" used on the form to mean "California National" or to redefine the term "United States" to mean "United States***" the country, and not "United States**" the federal zone. The ignorant government clerks processing the forms have not noticed this and approved their applications anyway.

2.  The table above has one question mark that we aren't sure of based on reading the instruction.  That is the one under item 8 above. 32 C.F.R. 1602.3(b)(1) says that either "nationals" or "U.S. citizens" can serve in the U.S. military.  SECNAVINST 5510.30A, Appendix I, page I-1 also says that for the purposes of security clearances, "nationals" and "U.S. citizens" are equivalent.  The implication is therefore that you can be a "national" and still not lose your retirement benefits, but Chapter 6 of DOD 7000.14-R, Volume 7B doesn't explicitly say this.


The table above has one question mark that we aren't sure of based on reading the instruction.  That is the one under item 7 above. 32 C.F.R. 1602.3(b)(1) says that either "nationals" or "U.S. citizens" can serve in the U.S. military.  SECNAVINST 5510.30A, Appendix I, page I-1 also says that for the purposes of security clearances, "nationals" and "U.S. citizens" are equivalent.  The implication is therefore that you can be a “national" and still not lose your retirement benefits, but Chapter 6 of DOD 7000.14-R, Volume 7B doesn't explicitly say this.

 The procedures for achieving “national but not citizen of the United States** at birth” rather than STATUTORY “U.S.** citizen” status are documented in 8 U.S.C. 1452.  This section only pertains to those in U.S. possessions such as American Samoa and Swains Island. It does not relate to those who are "state nationals".  The procedures for becoming a "state national" are almost identical.  Only the citizenship correction notice in section 10.6.9 is different. 

Before we discuss the “how to” of “amending” your citizenship status, we’d like to emphasize that the U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit, has stated in a still unchallenged ruling in 1957 that the right of expatriation is absolute in the case of Walter Briehl v. John Foster Dulles, 248 F2d 561, 583 (1957):

“Almost a century ago, Congress declared that "the right of expatriation is a natural and inherent right of all people, indispensable to the enjoyment of the rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness," and decreed that "any declaration, instruction, opinion, order, or decision of any officers of this government which denies, restricts, impairs, or questions the right of expatriation, is hereby declared inconsistent with the fundamental principles of this government." 15 Stat. 223-224 (1868), R.S. 1999, 8 U.S.C. 800 (1940).[3] Although designed to apply especially to the rights of immigrants to shed their foreign nationalities, that Act of Congress "is also broad enough to cover, and does cover, the corresponding natural and inherent right of American citizens to expatriate themselves." Savorgnan v. United States, 1950, 338 U.S. 491, 498 note 11, 70 S. Ct. 292, 296, 94 L. Ed. 287.[4] The Supreme Court has held that the Citizenship Act of 1907 and the Nationality Act of 1940 "are to be read in the light of the declaration of policy favoring freedom of expatriation which stands unrepealed." Id., 338 U.S. at pages 498-499, 70 S. Ct. at page 296.That same light, I think, illuminates 22 U.S.C.A. 211a and 8 U.S.C.A. 1185. Since expatriation is today impossible without leaving the country, the policy expressed by Congress in 1868 and never repealed precludes a reading of the passport and travel control statutes which would permit the Secretary of State to prevent citizens from leaving.”

You can read this case on our website in its entirety below:

You will note that the 15 Statutes at large mentioned above, which authorize expatriation were passed by the U.S. Congress in 1868, just before the 14th Amendment was passed, and allows people to change their citizenship as a way to escape encroachments on their life and liberty caused by the passage of both the 13th and the 14th Amendment.  Because correcting government records falsely representing your citizenship status is undertaken for the same reasons as expatriation above, it is just as valid a thing to do as expatriation.

How do you avoid being falsely "presumed" as a domiciliary of the federal zone, which includes “U.S.** citizen” under 8 U.S.C. 1401 or a "U.S. resident" under 26 U.S.C. 7701(b)(1)(A) so you can be treated as a “non-resident non-person” in the context of the income tax?…by changing government documentation containing false information you filled out in ignorance to properly reflect your status as a "national" under federal statutes, or by "expatriating" from the country altogether.   Expatriation is the process of renouncing one’s citizenship in a country or a political jurisdiction.  Many people do it as a way to escape paying income taxes.  As a matter of fact, there is a whole section of the Internal Revenue Code, found in 26 U.S.C. 877 entitled “Expatriation to avoid tax” that tries to limit people’s ability to expatriate in order to avoid tax.  Therefore, it must be an effective tool to avoid income taxes because lawmakers have tried to outlaw it!  For your reference, below are a few of the laws dealing with expatriation that you might want to examine as you research the process and consequences of expatriation, which you can hotlink to from our website at

  1. 8 U.S.C. Chapter 12:  Immigration and Nationality
  2. 8 U.S.C. 1481: Loss of nationality by native-born or naturalized citizen; voluntary action; burden of proof; presumptions
  4. 26 U.S.C. 877: Expatriation to Avoid Tax
  5. 26 U.S.C. 871(d): Nonresident Aliens and Foreign Corporations
  6. 26 C.F.R. 1.871-10(d): Election to treat real property income as effectively connected with U.S. business
  7. Escape Artist Website:

“Expatriating” is one way we can guarantee that the federal government can never assert jurisdiction over us to impose income taxes.  “Converting” our citizenship has the same affect and is less drastic.  However, WHAT JURISDICTION should we “expatriate” or “convert” to, because there are three definitions of the term “United States” according to the U.S. Supreme Court in Hooven & Allison Co. v. Evatt, 324 U.S. 652 (1945)?  You might want to go back and review the definition of “United States” from section 4.6, entitled “The Three ‘United States’” at this time.

We’d like to clarify at this point that the term “nonresident alien” is a “word of art” that only has applicability within the context of limited income tax jurisdiction found in 26 U.S.C., and that its meaning is different there than it is elsewhere in the U.S. codes, and especially different from the definition found in 8 U.S.C., which talks about citizenship in U.S.* The Country, also known as the United States of America.  The reason is because of the definition of the term “United States” found in 26 U.S.C. 7701(a)(10), which we covered in sections and 4.8 of the Great IRS Hoax as meaning the “federal zone”/U.S.** and not United States the country.  However, we must follow the same procedures to abandon the U.S.**/federal zone and our presumed federal "U.S.** citizen" status under "acts of Congress" and federal statutes as as we would use to expatriate our nationality in the country United States, because the presumptions and burden of proof standards are the same.

What is the procedure to abandon our STATUTORY "U.S. citizen" status but not our "Nationality"?  Below is a synopsis of the procedure, along with the reference from which that step derives based on our research:

Table 8-1:  A Process to Correct your citizenship status

# Title Reference(s) Description Note(s)-see below Date accomplished
1 Do a rescission on all IRS Form 1040 signatures None Invalidate all signatures on all previous 1040 forms, because they represent an election to be treated as a U.S.** citizen AND a resident of the U.S.**. 1  
2 Revoke Your Election to be Treated as  U.S.** citizen and resident

IRS Publication 54 for general information.

26 C.F.R. 1.871-10 (for method of revocation of election)

26 U.S.C. 7701(b)(4)(F) for authority

26 U.S.C. 6013(g)  for background
Revocation of Election process is covered in section 5.3.4 of our Great IRS Hoax book.  See also IRS Publication 54, page 6 (year 2000 version).    See Section 10.6.5 for a sample form to do this. 2  
3 Rescind your application for Social Security by sending a revised SS-5 form and an Affidavit of Rescission to the Social Security Administration 26 C.F.R. 301.6109-1(b) Use the “Affidavit of Rescission” found in section 10.6.4. 7  
4 Change your voter registration See the election laws and statutes within your state. Some states require you to declare under penalty of perjury that you are a “U.S. citizen” and don’t bother to clarify which of the three “Unites States” they are referring to.  Clarify your status as a U.S.* and U.S.*** but not a U.S.** citizen.  Clarify that you do not live in the “State of ______” but instead live in _________(statename).  Make your citizenship conditioned on the nonpayment of state and federal income taxes. 3  
5 Update your government security clearance application (if you have one) None Clarify your status as a “non-citizen national” but not a statutory “U.S.** citizen”.  Clarify that you are not domiciled in and are not a citizen of  “The State of ______” but instead are a national but not citizen of _________(statename). 4  
6 Notice the Secretary of State of the U.S.  via Certified mail with a Proof of Service of Your Change in Citizenship Status.    See the following website for a mailing address: 8 U.S.C. 1481(a)(6) Law says:“(6) making in the United States a formal written renunciation of nationality in such form as may be prescribed by, and before such officer as may be designated by, the Attorney General, whenever the United States shall be in a state of war and the Attorney General shall approve such renunciation as not contrary to the interests of national defense; 5  
7 Notice the Attorney General via Certified mail with a Proof of Service of Your Change in Citizenship Status.    See the following website for a mailing address: 8 U.S.C. 1481(a)(6) Law says:

(6) making in the United States a formal written renunciation of nationality in such form as may be prescribed by, and before such officer as may be designated by, the Attorney General, whenever the United States shall be in a state of war and the Attorney General shall approve such renunciation as not contrary to the interests of national defense;
8 Publish a notice in the paper of your new citizenship status and obtain an “Affidavit of Notice” from your newspaper. See your state’s legal notice requirement in the statutes. Use the same language as item 5 above. 6  

File an IRS Form W-8  with the IRS via Certified mail with a Proof of Service and ask them to update their records to reflect “nonresident alien” status for the purposes of income taxes

IRS Pub. 519-U.S. Tax Guide for Aliens This clarifies your status with the IRS as a “nonresident alien” for the purposes of the income tax and ensures that their records reflect your proper status.  See section 5.3 of the Great IRS Hoax entitled “Know Your Proper Filing Status” for more details. 8  
10 File an IRS Form W-8 with your employer and ask them to update their records to reflect “nonresident alien” status for the purposes of income taxes. IRS Pub. 519-U.S. Tax Guide for Aliens This clarifies your status with your employer as a “nonresident alien” for the purposes of the income tax and ensures that their records reflect your proper status.    
11 Update/reapply for your U.S.A. passport Dept. of State form DS-011: Application for Passport

Turn in your old passport to the Secretary of State and apply for a new one with the DS-011 form.  On the form, do the following:

Blocks 14, 15, 16:  Check no for “U.S. citizen” and replace with “U.S. National under 8 U.S.C. 1408”

Block 4, Place of birth:  Put your city and state (e.g. California)

COUNTRY: Put your state name (e.g. California).

Do not provide an SSN and use the form for a NEW passport, not a renewal.



1. Doing a Rescission on all IRS Form 1040 Signatures with the IRS.  This step involves stating the following:

I, ________________________________________________, national of ___________________________________(state) and physically present in but not domiciled within_________________________________[county], ___________________________, one of the American union States, hereby extinguish, rescind, revoke, cancel, abrogate, annul, nullify, discharge, and make void ab initio all signatures, belonging to me, on all previously filed Internal Revenue Service, W-4 Forms, 1040 Forms and all State Income Tax Forms and all powers of attorneys, real and implied, connected thereto, on the grounds that my purported consent was not voluntarily and freely obtained, but was made through mistake, duress, fraud, and undue influence exercised by your agency and my employer.  Pursuant to Contract Law: “All 1040 and W-4 Forms are, hereby, extinguished by this rescission.”.

Rescission: (Black’s 6th Edition Law Dictionary) “To abrogate, annul, avoid, or cancel a contract; particularly, nullifying a contract by the act of a party.  The right of rescission is the right to cancel (rescind) a contract upon the occurrence of certain kinds of default by the contracting party.  To declare a contract void in its inception and to put an end to it as though it never were.  Russel v. Stephens, 191 Wash. 314, 71 P.2d 3031…A rescission amounts to the unmaking of a contract, or an undoing of it from the beginning.  It necessarily involves a repudiation of the contract and a refusal of the moving party to be bound by it…”

I was induced by fraud and duress to sign such forms and I was denied full disclosure of the voluntary nature of such forms.  I was mislead by those who knew, or should have known, into believing that filing such forms was mandatory and/or implied, were unconscionable and grossly unfair to me.  I was unduly influenced by the stronger bargaining power of my employer, the Internal Revenue Service and the State Tax agency, and acted under an implied threat and fear of losing my job and my property and out of fear of potential imprisonment for non-compliance.  Any alleged consent is null and void as it was given under duress, by mistake, and by fraud.  Notwithstanding any information which you may have to the contrary, any forms that have been filed, and any implied quasi contracts that you may feel you have with me, were filed illegally and unlawfully and are without force/and or effect.

I further revoke, rescind,  and make void ab initio all powers of attorney pertaining to me for any and all governmental/quasi/colorable agencies and/or Departments created under the authority of Art. I, Sec. 8, Cl. 17, and/or Art. IV, Sec. 3, Cl. 2 of the Constitution of the United States.

2. Revoking your Election to Treat Income from Real Property as Effectively Connected to a Trade or Business in the United States:

2.1.  WARNING!:  An election to treat income from real property as effectively connected with a trade or business in the United States is automatically made when one files an IRS form 1040 for the first time, and can only be revoked by strictly following procedures.  This is discussed further in section 5.3.4 of the Great IRS Hoax, which we won’t repeat hear.

2.2.    26 C.F.R. 1.871-10(a) states:

The election may be made whether or not the taxpayer is engaged in trade or business in the United States during the taxable year for which the election is made or whether or not the taxpayer has income from real property which for the taxable year is effectively connected with the conduct of a trade or business in the United States, but it may be made only with respect to that income from sources within the United States which, without regard to this section, is not effectively connected for the taxable year with the conduct of a trade or business in the United States by the taxpayer.

If for the taxable year the taxpayer has no income from real property located in the United States, or from any interest in such property, which is subject to the tax imposed by section 871(a) or 881(a), the election may not be made.

But if an election has been properly made under this section for a taxable year, the election remains in effect, unless properly revoked, for subsequent taxable years even though during any such subsequent taxable year there is no income from the real property, or interest therein, in respect of which the election applies.

2.3.   To revoke your election, follow the procedures shown in 26 C.F.R. 1.871-10.  Below is what you need to do:

2.3.1.  “If the taxpayer revokes the initial election without the consent of the Commissioner he must file amended income tax returns, or claims for credit or refund, where applicable, for the taxable years to which the revocation applies.”  26 C.F.R. 1.871-10(d)

2.3.2.   Revocation of election requires the consent of the Commissioner of Internal Revenue:

(iii) Written request required. A request to revoke an election made under this section when such revocation requires the consent of the Commissioner, or to make a new election when such election requires the consent of the Commissioner, shall be made in writing and shall be addressed to the Director of International Operations, Internal Revenue Service, Washington, DC 20225. The request shall include the name and address of the taxpayer and shall be signed by the taxpayer or his duly authorized representative. It must specify the taxable year for which the revocation or new election is to be effective and shall be filed within 75 days after the close of the first taxable year for which it is desired to make the change. The request must specify the grounds which are considered to justify the revocation or new election. The Director of International Operations may require such other information as may be necessary in order to determine whether the proposed change will be permitted. A copy of the consent by the Director of International Operations shall be attached to the taxpayer's return required under section 6012 and the regulations thereunder for the taxable year for which the revocation or new election is effective. A copy of such consent may not be filed with any return under section 6851 and the regulations thereunder.” 26 C.F.R. 1.871-10(d)(2)(iii)

2.3.3.   You will note that you DON’T need the IRS commissioner’s consent to make a voluntary election and you can revoke it within the first taxable year you make it by filing a 1040 form, but you need his consent to revoke an election.  You will also note that the regulations don’t prescribe the criteria under which the commissioner may deny a Revocation of Election.    This, of course, represents a violation of due process of law and the 5th Amendment property protections and represents a “trap” set by the government to suck you into the federal zone and keep you there so they can rob you blind.  This is skullduggery at its finest, and there is no reason why you should need to ask for someone else’s permission to have control of your assets and income back.  The one-way diodes and check valves in the District of Criminals (Washington, D.C.) came up with this trick to make it easy to continue plundering your assets.

2.4.   We have a sample form in section 10.6.5 for accomplishing the Revocation of Election.

3. Changing Your Voter Registration:

3.1.  Most states require you to sign a voter registration affidavit stating that you are a “U.S. CITIZEN” in order to vote in state elections.  They almost never define what they mean by this term on the form or in their election laws so you should specify what it means on the form.  This form is microfilmed by the registrar of voters and made into an official recorded state document.  You need to be sure that the form properly reflects your choice of citizenship status by modifying the form to add the following explanatory paragraph in any area they give you room to write on the form:

"I, __________(your name) do declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of my state from “without” the federal United States that I do not reside or have a domicile on federal property or territory and that I am not a federal statutory “U.S. citizen” or “citizen of the [federal] United States” under “acts of Congress” as identified in 8 U.S.C. 1401.  I hereby abandon any privileges and immunities granted therein by virtue of my failure to intend or consent to having such citizenship status.  I retain my natural born status as a “non-resident non-person" and a CONSTITUTIONAL but not STATUTORY citizen as described in 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(21).  I preserve and reserve all my unalienable Rights that are inherent from my Creator, at all times.  I waive no rights at any time, including by operation of any implied contract asserted by the government.  UCC 1-207"

 3.2.  In case what you write on the form is unclear, you also need to attach an additional page. If you attach an additional page to this affidavit, the attachment is usually not recorded with the original affidavit and does not become evidence, so you will need to put a note on the Affidavit form not close to the borders so it will be microfiched successfully that states “Not valid without attached additional Affidavit of Clarification and Citizenship for Voter Registration”.

3.3.   You will find a copy of the recommended page to attach to your voter registration in section 10.6.6 entitled Voter Registration Affidavit Attachment.

3.4.  Get a notarized copy of your voter registration that includes the attachment from your county recorder after you file your affidavit in the manner above.  This will become very important legal evidence should your citizenship ever be questioned in court.

4. Update your government security clearance.  Add the Affidavit of Clarification of Citizenship for Security Clearance found in section 10.6.7 to your security clearance.  If you have already made the security clearance application, come in after the fact and have them attach the affidavit to your application.  This will clarify your citizenship.

5. Notice the Secretary of State of the U.S. and the Attorney General via Certified mail with a proof of service of your Citizenship Status:

Send them a letter stating the following:
Legal Notice of Change in Domicile/Citizenship Records and Divorce from the United States, Form #10.001

6. Publish a notice in the newspaper of new citizenship status.

6.1.  Publish the following notice in your local newspaper, and conform with your State’s legal notice requirements:


“I, John [and/or Jane Doe] in the name of the Almighty Creator, By [my/our] Declaration of Independence solemnly Publish and Declare [my/our] intention and my right to abandon “citizen of the [federal] United States” status  under 8 U.S.C. 1401 and under all federal statutes and to return to my natural born status as a “non-citizen national” or a “national of the United States” under 8 U.S.C.  1101(a)(22)(B).  I hereby relinquish [my/our] res in trust to the foreign jurisdiction known as the municipal corporation of the District of Columbia, a democracy, and return to the Republic. Any and all past and present political ties implied by operation of law or otherwise in trust with the democracy as a consequence of any citizenship ties the government might allege, is hereby dissolved. I, John [and/or Jane Doe] have full power to contract, establish commerce as guaranteed by the full 10 Amendments to the Bill of Rights to the Constitution of the [u]nited States of America, a Republic.

6.2.   Obtain an “Affidavit of Notice” from the newspaper after you publish the above.

7. Rescind your application for Social Security

7.1.  Send in the following:
Resignation of Compelled Social Security Trustee, Form #06.002

7.2.  There is a presumption found in 26 C.F.R. 301.6109-1(b) that if you submit a tax return to the U.S. government, then you are by default a “U.S.** person” unless you refute this presumption with proof.  As a presumed STATUTORY "U.S.** citizen" or a “U.S.** person”, you have NO constitutional rights!  Here is what the law says about the requirement to provide a social security number when furnishing returns:

(b) Requirement to furnish one's own number--(1) U.S. persons. Every U.S. person who makes under this title a return, statement, or other document must furnish its own taxpayer identifying number as required by the forms and the accompanying instructions.

The point is that if you aren’t a U.S.** citizen, then you AREN’T required to provide an identifying number on any tax return.  That's the foundation of the reason in this section why we want you to  follow these procedures.

7.3.  Even more interestingly, under 26 C.F.R. 301.6109-1(g), having a social security number creates a presumption that you are a be U.S.** citizen and you therefore have to rebut the presumption.  If you want to overcome the presumption that you are a U.S. citizen or U.S.** person, then you must request a change in the status of your Social Security Number!  The above Form #06.002 does that. Here is what the law says about the requirement to provide a social security number when furnishing returns:

(g) Special rules for taxpayer identifying numbers issued to foreign persons--

(1) General rule--

(i) Social security number. A social security number is generally identified in the records and database of the Internal Revenue Service as a number belonging to a U.S. citizen or resident alien individual. A person may establish a different status for the number by providing proof of foreign status with the Internal Revenue Service under such procedures as the Internal Revenue Service shall prescribe, including the use of a form as the Internal Revenue Service may specify. Upon accepting an individual as a nonresident alien individual, the Internal Revenue Service will assign this status to the individual's social security number.

8. Update Your U.S. Passport

Procedures for updating your passport are contained in the following:

Getting a USA Passport as a "state national", Form #10.013


WARNING:  When you call the IRS, like we did, and you remind them that you are a non-resident non-person, the first question they will ask you is:  “What country are you a citizen of?”  They will do this to see if you are expatriating to avoid tax under 26 U.S.C. §877.  They will ask the question without knowing or understanding such things as:

  • The definition of the term “United States**” in federal statutes, which means the federal zone by default.
  • That there are two classes of citizens defined in the U.S. codes:  “Nationals” and “citizens” of the United States.

This is a trap to take the conversation off the critical issues and you ought to avoid it.  The safest answer to this question that will keep the discussion focused where it needs to be is to say:

 “I was a constitutional citizen at the time of birth but I am not a U.S. citizen under any act of Congress.  Instead, I’m a non-resident non-person not subject to the acts of Congress domiciled in a legislatively but not constitutionally foreign state.  The fact that the states of the Union are legislatively but not constitutionally foreign in respect to the national government is a product of the separation of powers doctrine.”

Your typical and misinformed and ignorant IRS agent, like the one we spoke with, will probably interrupt you in mid-sentence and go into a long  and angry tirade and try to pull a guilt trip on you by saying such things as:

  • “I’m a taxpayer and I don’t enjoy paying for freeloaders like you!”

  • “You ought to be ashamed of yourself for accepting the blessings of living in this country and not paying form them! “

  • “Someone has to pay for the roads you drive on, and who if it isn’t you?”

  • “I’m sorry, but I just can’t control myself.  This makes me mad!  If you think I’m angry now, just keep talking.”

Those of you educated in psychology will recognize this type of behavior immediately as “verbal abuse” and “harassment”.  The only way it wouldn’t be harassment and verbal abuse is if the agent was calm, reasonable, able and willing to listen  and respond to opposing points of view, and willing to offer facts and evidence to support his position.  If you want to learn more about how verbal abuse works, we refer you to the Family Constitution, section 3.10, which you can download for free from our website at:


The manipulative agent will then say he is so mad that he doesn’t want to talk any longer because he might get more uncivil.  He won’t even give you the chance to respond or get equal time, because he isn’t interested in the law or the facts…only in getting his way.  He is trained to use such verbally abusive techniques because they are effective against weak-willed or budding new patriots who refuse to pay a voluntary income tax for which they aren’t liable.  It keeps the “sheeple”  (docile and ignorant people) in line.  It is the same fear and intimidation approach that DOJ lawyers who prosecute tax avoiders will use in front of juries.  You should get used to it and have a good comeback for it that you have practiced on friends and associates.

If you are cornered into addressing these kinds of verbally abusive socialist arguments, the best approach to use against demagoguery of this kind is to quote the research in section 1.10, where we did a detailed analysis of the federal budget and proved that we can fund all of the core functions of the government WITHOUT mandatory income taxes, including defense, roads, courts, and jails.  You should say:

  • Both the U.S. Congress in the Statutes at Large and the federal courts have reiterated that I am perfectly within my rights to abandon STATUTORY “U.S. citizen” status under 8 U.S.C. 1401 to become a STATUTORY “non-resident non-person” under 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(21) because all citizenship must be consentual and I don’t consent, nor are you authorized to tell me what my intentions are related to citizenship.  Shame on you for criticizing me for exercising rights that are protected by law.  Here is what our Congress said about expatriating our citizenship:
    “the right of expatriation [including expatriation from the District of Columbia or “U.S. Inc”, the corporation] is a natural and inherent right of all people, indispensable to the enjoyment of the rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness," and decreed that "any declaration, instruction, opinion, order, or decision of any officers of this government which denies, restricts, impairs, or questions the right of expatriation, is hereby declared inconsistent with the fundamental principles of this government." 15 Stat. 223-224 (1868), R.S. 1999, 8 U.S.C. 800 (1940)
  • The reason it is so hard to pay for the core functions of government is because the lazy and irresponsible Congress just doesn’t have the discipline to balance the budget, so we accumulate all this debt that interferes with paying for more important government functions and this unnecessarily raises the federal budget.<
  • We have a moral obligation to take care of older people but should not have a legal obligation or liability, and it ought to be a function of the family and the church to do this but not the government.
  • You are a true blue socialist who doesn’t belong in a free country like this.  There is no reason why capitalism can’t work in the government like it works everywhere else.  Why do you insist on forcing me to pay for benefits I don’t want?  Is a compelled benefit really a benefit, or just slavery disguised as government benevolence?  I don’t want socialist security or Medicare or unemployment insurance from the government and I will take care of myself, thank you. 
  • The roads are paid for by gas taxes, and if they aren’t, we ought to raise those taxes!  The military, the roads, and the prisons are paid for by import taxes and excise taxes other than income taxes.
  • If you don’t believe me, then download your free copy of the Great IRS Hoax book and read section 1.10 for yourself.  Or better yet, do your own research and prove me wrong.  I’m perfectly willing to engage in extended debate with you founded on real facts if you’d like.  I would enjoy that.  Your unwillingness to debate the real facts and research is just evidence of how unreasonable your position is.  I don’t need to hear your verbal abuse, I need to hear the facts you base your conclusions on.
  • The only thing income taxes pay for is SOCIALISM and the welfare state, which I strongly disapprove of and object my taxpayer dollars going to.  All the socialist programs, including Social Security and Medicare, are going bankrupt anyway so why do we support them?  Do you honestly believe you Social Security will support you when you are old?  In countries like Chile, they had to eliminate their social security program and privatize it, because it destroyed itself.  I don’t object to welfare programs, I just object to being forced to participate in or subsidize them.  Let those people who want the programs pay for them, but don’t force me to participate in them because this is a free country.

Below is a link to an instruction sheet we obtained through the Freedom of Information Act explaining how to get an Authenticated copy of your passport application and other records.

To get a certified copy of your passport records, you must send a check for $30 for the first copy and $20.00 for each additional copy.  There is no charge when a request is submitted in connection with a request for Federal, State, or municipal benefits or when a court of competent jurisdiction orders production of the record.  Send your request to:

Department of State
Passport Services
Research and Liaison Section
Room 500
1111 19th Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20524-1705

If you want to get specific legal questions answered about passports, please format your questions in a letter and send that letter to the Legal Division of the Passport Office of the Department of State at the address below:

Passport Office
Legal Division
2100 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, DC 20037
Attn: Sharon Palmer-Royston, Chief Legal Assistant

You can also request documents or evidence from the Department of State FOIA, but don't ask them legal questions:

Office of Information Programs and Services
U.S. Department of State, SA-2
Washington, D.C. 20522-6001
Voice:  (202) 261-8314
Fax: (202) 261-8579

For further public information about passports:

[1] Shelton v. Tiffin, 47 U.S. 163, 6 How. 163, 12 L.Ed. 387 (1848).
[2] Afroyim v. Rusk, 387 U.S. 253, 87 S.Ct. 1660, 18 L.Ed. 2d 757 (1967).
[3] United States v. Bennett, 232 U.S. 299, 307 (1914).
[4] Cook v. Tait, 265 U.S. 47 (1924).